For some reason, I have never made a pot roast. And I love pot roast! I think that because I have such fond memories of pot roast from my childhood, that I'm afraid I will mess it up! On the weekends that I would stay at my dad and step-mom's, she would make a pot roast. With 6 kids, I can see why! It was always sooooo good. She would put it in the oven before we went to church and then we would chow down when we got home. Yum!
Well, I finally bit the bullet today. Natalie, a teacher friend from school, gave me her mother-in-laws recipe and it's so easy and seemingly fool-proof. It is made in the crock pot which kept my oven open. Yay!
1 chuck roast
salt and pepper
1 package brown gravy mix
carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
potatoes, cut into preferred size
1. Salt and pepper roast. Pour seasoning packet over it.
2. Place in crock pot on low.
3. Slice onion and place on top of roast.
4. Put carrots and potatoes around roast.
5. Pour stock into crock pot until roast is 2/3 of the way covered. Cover with water the rest of the way.
6. Cook on low for 8 hours.