My mother-in-law, who is a phenomenal cook, sent this to me in an email awhile ago. This weekend is the perfect time to have this because I will be having some friends in town from Tampa. Yay! It's a great pasta salad for summer because it's full of vegetables and it's very versatile.
Jan's Summer Salad
Serves a lot
1 16 oz. pkg. Bowtie Pasta (I used campanelle.)
1 14 oz. can Whole Kernel Corn drained (I had to ears of corn on the cob, so I roasted those.)
1 15 oz. can Chick Peas drained
4 oz. jar Chopped Sun Dried Tomatoes in Oil (Omitted because I didn't have.)
1 cup Chopped Broccoli (Omitted - no broccoli, either.)
1 tablespoon minced Garlic (I roasted two whole cloves and then pressed them in my garlic press.)
1 medium chopped Yellow Onion (I also used red onion.)
1 medium chopped Green Pepper (I used red pepper.)
1/4 cup chopped fresh Basil (Grr, the basil was in bad shape. No basil.)
1/4 cup chopped fresh Parsley
Salt, Pepper & Cheyenne to taste
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
green onions, chopped
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1. Boil Pasta and drain.
2. Broil onion, corn, tomatoes, green peppers, chickpeas & garlic under broiler.
3. In a large bowl combine chick peas with pasta.
4. Add roasted vegetables. Cut tomatoes in half first.
5. Add Parmesan cheese. In a cup combine vinegar, oil, parsley, basil, salt, pepper & cayenne.
6. Pour over ingredients in bowl.
7. Serve with favorite crackers or Triscuits. (I just ate as is. No crackers for me.)
8. Can be served warm or cold.