In anticipation of having friends staying with us for the weekend, I made Giada's White Bean Dip. It is always a hit and so easy to make. I almost always have the dip ingredients on hand, too. I made it the night before and it was delicious the next day.
The girls loved the dip and want to make it at home now. Yay! Success. :) We had a great time chatting, eating and have a girls weekend. I was sad to see them go. :(
Giada's White Bean Dip
1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil, plus 4 tablespoons
1/4 cup (loosely packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
Freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, and parsley in the work bowl of a food processor.
3. Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped.
4. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl.
6. Cut each pita in half and then into 8 wedges.
7. Arrange the pita wedges on a large baking sheet.
8. Pour the remaining oil over the pitas.
9. Toss and spread out the wedges evenly.
10. Sprinkle with the oregano, salt, and pepper.
11. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until toasted and golden in color.
12. Serve the pita toasts warm or at room temperature alongside the bean puree.