This was the perfect summer evening dinner. Too bad it was rainy and a little cool here today! It was still a yummy, easy dinner. This is another Everyday Food recipe, from the January issue. I'm a little behind on my recipe testing, I guess!
I would definitely add more sun-dried tomatoes next time, but overall, this dish is great as is! :)
Mediterranean salad with artichokes, penne (ziti), and sun-dried tomatoes
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 cup penne pasta (I used ziti.)
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed), thinly sliced lengthwise (I would up this to 1/2 c.)
2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 head romaine lettuce (1 1/4 pounds), torn into bite-size pieces
1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (I used small white beans.)
1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts (water-packed), drained and quartered (I used a 12 oz. jar that were marinated. They added a nice tang.)
4 ounces feta, crumbled (1 cup)
1. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta until 1 minute short of al dente.
2. Add sun-dried tomatoes, and cook until tender and pasta is al dente, 1 minute more.
3. Drain pasta and tomatoes, rinse under cold water, and drain again; transfer to a large bowl.
4. Make dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, mustard, and 1 tablespoon water; season with salt and pepper.
5. Add pasta and tomatoes, romaine, beans, artichoke hearts, and feta; toss until combined, and serve immediately.